Blogs are quickly emerging as one of the most popular and effective seo tools for any business, why - Because they naturally and efficiently attract the attention of search engines through their very structure. The navigation system of blogs is optimised for search engine traffic because every page is automatically linked back to other main pages. Blogs also have the inherent capacity to attract interactivity through comment boxes and cross posting which is another seo boosting tactic.
To make sure that your blog is operating to its full potential, here are five tips to keep it active for seo:
1. Keyword Targets: Think laterally about which keywords you target in your blogs for seo. Include combinations of two, three and four word phrases that include your keywords and try to devise two or three unique word phrases that have the least amount of competition but are still likely to generate a lot of attention.
2. Keyword Placement: Place your keywords strategically yet naturally within your blogs. Keywords can be placed in blog titles, within category names, and in the URL of the page for example. While all of these keyword placements will boost seo, it is important not to exceed four or five percent in keyword density as any higher percentage may be considered key word ‘stuffing’ and earn penalties.
3. Timing of Posts: In order to use blogs effectively for seo, you will need to observe your website statistics carefully to monitor when and how often your pages are being indexed by search engine spiders. Blogs posted on the date that the spider visits your site, or while your page is being read, can increase your number of spider visits and thus the amount of pages that will be indexed in top search engine listings.
4. Links: This tip relates back to Tip Two. Once you have identified the least competitive and most attention-grabbing keyword or keyword phrases, make sure that these are included in the permanent links that appear below each blog post as well as your title and subtitle or description. These elements of the blog are most often noticed by spiders as they follow the links back to your website.
5. Updates: The more frequently you post new blogs, the more visits you will attract from search engine spiders. How does this work for seo? Well, if you maintain regular and consistent posting of new content to your blog, your site will eventually earn a permanently more frequent schedule of spider visits meaning that new pages will be indexed to appear in search engine listings faster.