For those who are new to the realm of search engine optimization (SEO) and all the wonders it brings to your website, you may be wondering about the various SEO techniques out there and which ones are best to use. There are plenty of techniques that you could employ (some more ethical than others), but here are eight of the best:
• Title Tags: anyone familiar with SEO will tell you that there is some direct correlation between what you put in your title tags and how your website is organically ranked through the search engines.
• Keyword Density: determine what your keywords are and include them in all (relevant) aspects of your website, keeping the writing sounding as natural as possible for organic SEO.
• Website Structure: look at how your website is linked together internally – if you don’t have an effective sitemap (or you don’t have one at all), you are affecting the SEO of your site.
• Internal Links: each page on your website needs to be linked to the other main pages, and you can use keywords in these links to boost the SEO of your website.
• External Links: these links are definitely more beneficial than internal ones for SEO, as outside websites are indicating that they view your content as useful and relevant to the topic or keywords.
• Anchor Text: for SEO, this involves encouraging people to link to your website using your relevant keywords, but people will generally use the title of your article so include keywords here.
There are, of course, plenty of other ways that you can implement an effective SEO strategy into your website (such as looking at your page rank and link popularity). These six, however, are the techniques that most SEO experts use and will recommend to others.