Not only is a website important for your business because it provides a presence for your company on the internet which is one of our main information sources today, it can also be used as a tool to actively boost business activity. A business website is highly effective in clearly and accurately representing, as well as publicising and expanding your company. It will be attractive to your potential customers as well as to search engines and be at the top of their listings.
That’s if it’s designed and maintained correctly, with just your business objectives in mind.
Your current website design may not be as effective as it could be in achieving all of the aims of a successful business website. To help you decide which elements of your site are in need of a facelift, consider the following check list:
- What do you want your website to achieve?: Every website needs to be designed with a clear purpose or business goal. First, you will need to decide what you want your visitors to do when they come to the site, then you will need to finalise how your website will direct them toward the goal activity. A website design can be personalised to encourage visitors to make donations, fill in enquiry forms, call you, buy something, or sign up to your newsletter as well as many other things.
- What are your keywords?: Use online tools such as KeywordDiscovery, Wordtracker or Google's Keyword Tool to isolate which key search terms and phrases for your industry are likely to be entered into a search engine by your potential customers. Once you have isolated your keyword phrases, place your keywords strategically yet naturally within your website design. Keywords can be placed in page titles, content, descriptions, sub-titles and in the URL of the page for example.
- Does your lay-out inspire profit?: Having a great looking website design alone is not enough to guarantee the growth and continued success of your business. An attractive website design will go a long way in attracting visitors, but, to make sure that these visitors are converted to customers, your lay-out must highlight whatever beneficial activity you want them to carry out. Relevant links must be clearly displayed on your home page and all information should be presented in short, keyword rich paragraphs that continually direct visitors to the goal activity.
- Is your content as good as it could be?: The content of your website should be designed to demonstrate expertise in your particular area of business. Rather than telling visitors why your company is their best option, show them that you are at the top of your game by adapting your website design to include a blog of industry-related posts that will be useful, interesting and impressive to visitors. At all times, content should be carefully proof-read for spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Are you keeping in contact with your customers?: A successful business website design should offer a sign up for newsletter form which will help you to build up a database of email addresses. Using newsletters and email updates to inform customers of useful information about new products or special offers and provide links to your expert blog posts and articles will build a lively impression of your business and increase customer interest and loyalty.
Infinite IT Solutions is a Melbourne-based premium website design and digital marketing company that specialises in maximising the online presence of your business. As well as bringing ten years of industry experience to their website design and comprehensive online marketing services, Infinite IT offers outstanding SEO, web development, website redesign and content writing solutions tailored to your specific needs. Visit our portfolio to see what our web design services can do for your business.